Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What's In My Makeup Bag? Camping Edition

So I just got back from a weekend camping trip with some friends and thought I'd share with you guys what beauty products I brought with me in a quick 'What's In My Makeup Bag' blog post! It may be more than what you would bring but hey, the beauty addict inside me can't help herself!


I really tried to keep things as simple and minimal as possible so for my skincare products I brought a B. Kamins Day Cream SPF 15 (sample size), Philosophy's Hope Springs Eternal Hydrating Mist (sample size) which was great for cooling down in the hot weather, and a pack of Ole Henriksen Truth To Go Cleansing Wipes (available in travel size) for an easy way to clean off makeup, dirt and oil at the end of the day!

As far as cosmetics go I made sure to bring my Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer for an under eye boost in the mornings and my Benefit Hoolah Matte Bronzer to even out the skin and give me a bit of colour. I also grabbed my Stila Waterproof Brow Tint and Makeup Forever Waterproof Smokey Lash Mascara (sample size) because not only am I a girl obsessed with her brows, but because everyone knows how far a little mascara can go! I also brought a B. Kamins Lip Balm SPF 20 (sample size) that was great for sun protection and hydration!

Those little sample sized products you get at cosmetics stores and counters are great for when you're travelling or staying somewhere over night because they're prepackaged and don't take up much space in your bags. All of the products I brought fit comfortably in a small makeup bag and took under two minutes to apply in the mornings.

* Don't forget other beauty essentials like unscented body lotion and sunscreen (keep your lotions and potions as unscented as possible so that you don't attract those unwanted bug bites)! And if you're staying for any period of time remember your dry shampoo! Dry shampoo is a lifesaver for limp greasy roots when you can't wash your hair. I highly recommend Rene Furterer Naturia Dry Shampoo to everyone because it is amazing!! It works on all hair colours (yes brunettes, even on us!) and all hair types and textures! It doesn't leave any grit or texture in the hair, just a freshly cleansed look as easy as 1, 2, 3!

* If you're looking for some great waterproof products this summer be sure to check out Makeup Forever for products like cream blushes, shadows, lip colours, concealers, foundations and more. Another great waterproof savvy brand to check out is Tarte for products like mascaras, eyeliners, concealers, and bronzers! Stila and Benefit also make some great waterproof products (brows, cheek/lip stains, and liners) that are perfect for summer!

What are some of your favourite waterproof products and what's in your makeup bag?

xo candice
www.candicegroen.com
Click here to like my Facebook Page!

No comments:

Post a Comment