Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My May Favourites!

The month of May has just flown by... and of course I've fallen in love with some new great products I hope you'll love too!

Firstly, you should know that while I understand the importance of an eye cream, I've never been one disciplined enough to use one on a regular basis... until I tired Benefit's new 'It's Potent! Eye Cream'! I really love this stuff and even find myself excited to use it! It has such fun beachy packaging and smells great too. The rich cream feels comforting around the eye area and absorbs quickly! This is a great starter eye cream for anyone in their 20's or 30's as it will hydrate and brighten the eye area, but will also prevent fine lines and wrinkles!

My eye cream makes a great base for my next May favourite... the Givenchy Mr. Light Concealer Pen! I find myself trying all kinds of concealers and always end up going back to this one! The texture is amazing and it effectively reflects light to give flawless coverage while maintaining a lightweight look and feel. It's amazing for touchups, convenient to use on the go, and glides and blends onto the skin with ease. I wish this product wasn't so expensive because I find I go through it pretty quickly... I can only treat myself every so often... but I love it!

This month I've been all about a more neutral look and because I've been so on the go my Stila Eyeshadow Trio in 'Ethereal' has been my go to eyeshadow palette. The colours are super flattering on all skin tones and I love that I can get both a natural or more dramatic look whether I use one colour on it's own or all three at once. Stila eyeshadows are highly pigmented and easy to blend. A great size to quickly through in my bag, I'm loving this versatile super compact trio! Plus I'm a sucker for the name... which is just an added bonus!

And lastly, I've found myself alternating between these two glosses all month and have seriously worn nothing else. I love both of these colours! The first gloss is the Lorac Multiplex Gloss in '4D' which is a bright pink gloss with tons of high shine sparkle! These remind me a lot of the MAC Dazzleglass' but larger and a bit stickier. Even though it looks super bright, the colour is juicy and sheer, the sparkle is amazing, and the colour is super fun and flattering! The next gloss is a more natural colour by Bare Essentuals called '7 Layer Cake'. It's a light, frosty, nude pink that's non sticky, and smells yummy like vanilla cake or creme brulee. It's a the perfect colour for anyone who wants a great everyday gloss to polish off any look!


I hope you've found some great products that you loved this month... and that you're starting to have fun with some bright and bronzed summer colours! 

xo candice

No comments:

Post a Comment