Sunday, June 19, 2011

5 Frizz Fighting Tips For Unruly Summer Hair!

There is no better time than summer to let the natural texture of your hair run free! A carefree beachy look is always hot! Here's a few cool hair tips I've picked up that are going to be especially great for my girls who are having trouble styling their naturally wavy, curly, or kinky hair!


My first tip is to avoid aggressively rubbing your hair with a terry cloth material to towel dry. Instead squeeze and pat the hair from the ends up to the roots with a jersey knit t-shirt type of material. The water will absorb better and the frizzies will stay at bay!
Secondly, keep in mind that when choosing appropriate styling products your hairs thickness relates to each individual strand, and not how much hair you have. So if you have thicker, coarser hair you want to choose rich products like oils, creams, and butters... whereas if you have a more thin to medium hair type, opt for more light weight lotions, serums, and sprays.
One of my favourite things to do in the summer is soak up the sun... and what better opportunity for my third tip? A moisturizing hair treatment! Before I lay outside or head to the beach I always dampen my hair and apply a hydrating mask before throwing it up into a ponytail or bun. The heat from the sun really activates the product and the longer you leave it on the better! (But remember, avoid leaving masks and conditioners with protein on your hair too long. Protein is great for hair in short doses but if left on the hair too long can actually break down and damage the cuticle). My hair mask of choice lately has been the Bumble and Bumble Creme de Coco Masque which feels and smells amazing!
4 My fourth tip is to never take a brush through your waves or curls. This is a guaranteed way to get frizz. If you absolutely must comb through your hair make sure to use a wide tooth comb for more separation.
5 My fifth and final tip (for now) is to tame stubborn fly aways with clear mascara or brow gel! I love this trick because the product is lightweight with no colour, is small and easy to take on the go!

Dont forget to embrace your hair this summer and keep coming back to glossary for more fun tips and tricks!

xo candice
www.candicegroen.com
Click here to like my Facebook Page!

No comments:

Post a Comment