Friday, October 25, 2013

Nars X Guy Bourdin


Guy Bourdin's colour-saturated photography insinuated a high-fashion world of dangerous women and sexually charged fashion photography of the 70's. Nars pays homage to Bourdin's seductive, suspenseful images with bold, uninhibited colour and high-impact finishes. 


If you know me, then it's no secret that I have a love affair with Nars Cosmetics - but I haven't been this excited for a collection in a long time. One of the coolest things about this collection is that all of the imagery is Guy Bourdin's original photography.






The bright pops of colour are a rebellious take on your traditional holiday collection and the limited edition textures of the eye shadows and lip colours are to die for!! We're talking rich, velvety pigment in these shadows... nothing like what we've seen in Nars shadows before.

I can absolutely see myself scooping up Bad Behaviour (pewter grey), Rage (glowing purple), and Cambodia (strawberry copper). Plus I'm a sucker for a pink lip and I've definitely got my eye on lipsticks in Goodbye Emmanuelle (bright pink) and Last Tango (rosy nude).

In addition, as a Sephora exclusive, Nars is launching a Guy Bourdin blush palette. Last time Nars launched a blush palette it sold out within the first few days!


What do you guys think of this collaboration? The DNA of this collection really speaks to me and I'm super excited about it! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey I really loved your post. Can you add more written content though? It would be nice to read all about the pictures and makeup. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete