Tuesday, November 8, 2011

October Favourites!

I don't think I had a favourites post for September, but I was busy and didn't really feel like I had anything special to share with you guys... But here we are now (a few days late) with my favourite products for the month of October!

I have never experienced such dry, flaky, and peeling skin like I have this past month after I got back (more burnt than I realized) from vacation. No matter what moisturizers and exfoliators I used I could not get rid of this horrifying texture! Introducing Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Exotic Body Scrub. Packed full of amazingness like vitamin C, paraguayan sugar, grapefruit, orange, honey, shea butter and more, it exfoliates gently and effectively and hydrates like nobody's business! I love the texture because it uses small granules of sugar and the oils have been mixed in a way that makes the consistency of this scrub more like a paste unlike traditional sugar scrubs where the sugar and the oil are so separated that you end up loosing half the grains on the shower floor. It smells sweet and citrusy, leaves your skin feeling super luxurious, and at a whopping $78 is completely worth it because not only is it a complete pleasure to use, the tub is huge which will last you forever, and it was the only thing that rescued my skin from the dry flaky mess that it was!


As many of you know, I'm a little bit brow crazy and this month I've been crazy obsessed with the Dior Universal Brow Pencil because not only is it the perfect shade of taupe brown, it's stiff, easy to use, has a built in brow comb, and allows me to get a super light and natural look or a dramatic angular and edgy look depending on how I'm feel that day!

I used to use the Murad T-Zone Pore Refining Gel years ago and have found myself using it once again as a staple in my skin care routine. This product has all kinds of great ingredients in it to help with skin texture, discolouration, breakouts, pores, fine lines, radiance, a balance of oily and dry zones, and antioxidant protection! If you're sensitive you may want to ween yourself onto this product because it uses possibly irritating ingredients such as retinol, glycolic and salycilic acids... But it also has great soothing properties like pomegranate, aloe, grape seed, and evening primrose!

And last but not least I have also rediscovered my love for Nars' Laguna Bronzer! I love the way this true golden brown bronzer makes my skin look healthy and glowy in the most natural way! Mine is currently sitting as a crumbly broken mess but I'm still going to use it until I repurchase it (which is saying a lot)!

xo candice

No comments:

Post a Comment