Friday, April 22, 2011

What's In My Makeup Bag?

Here are a few of the products I've found myself using on a daily basis lately. Even though I might not use all of the products at once, they're great basic things to have to do your makeup away from home, and are easy to touch up with throughout the day. I'll filter in and out different products depending on the day. I do this a lot with lip products depending on what I'm wearing that day and I'll add a pencil liner to touch up with if I used it that morning!


The first thing I have in my makeup bag is the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation. I love this foundation! It looks so natural, feels weightless, and gives a light - medium coverage. I've found myself wearing this daily either on it's own or mixed in with my moisturzier! I've also included my Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer, which if you've been reading my blogs, you'll notice I use a lot! This is an awesome concealer for everyone because it's oil free and has a great texture that covers really well without looking thick or heavy.
I bring my Anastasia Brow Powder in 'Brunette' because I'm the type of girl who can't go without having her brows filled in... and I bring my Benefit Bronzer in 'Hoolah' because it's a true brown bronzer without any shimmer so it's great for everyday. I also substitute these two products for eyeshadows! They're neutral colours that work great for natural or smokey looks!
I also pack my black Sephora Long Lasting Liquid Liner in my makeup bag incase I want a more defined look. If I don't wear a lot of shadow I usually like to wear a flicked liquid liner along my top lashes... and of course I bring a black mascara! This is a must, and the one I've been loving lately is the Laura Mercier Full Blown Mascara. It's really buildable so you get a lot of volume.
I love to bring products that I can multitask with so I bring my Urban Decay Afterglow Cream Blush in 'Quickie' because I can use it on my cheeks and lips. If I want to add a little bit of shine to it I'll pop my Laura Mercier Lip Glace in 'Baby Doll' on top! I love this lipgloss it's the perfect nude pink and smells like warm vanilla.
Sometimes I'll even through in my current nail polish in case it chips and really starts to drive me crazy! Right now it's OPI's Nail Polish in 'Mod About You'.

I haven't included a powder because I use a loose powder and the packaging is really bulky. I also have a fairly dry skin and don't have to worry too much about shine. If you have an oilier skin you can include blotting papers or transfer your loose powder into a small travel container.
There are no brushes in the photo but I do bring a small double ended shadow brush, a travel angled brush, and a travel blush/powder brush and I'll use my fingers for the rest of the products.

What's in your makeup bags? I hope you had fun reading this post!

xo candice

No comments:

Post a Comment