Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Day I Met Alex Box

On Monday evening I met a Make Up Artist who has been one of the biggest inspirations in my journey through artistry. Her body of work is absolutely breathtaking and her instinctual knack for colour and placement is incredible. Meeting Alex Box was a dream of mine and I'm so excited to be able to share it with you guys.


(Alex & I rocking Lipstick in 'Box' - one of my favourite reds)

The Illamasqua counter at The Bay Queen Street was buzzing while dozens of us adoring fans crowded around to catch a glimpse of the infamous Alex Box - Illamasqua Creative Director and Co-Founder.


Julian Kynaston, Illamasqua Founder, gave a wonderful introduction and truly energized the crowd as he showed us how humbled he is at the success of his five-year-old brand.




Powder was smoking in the air and brushes were gliding all over. I watched Alex dig into Powder Eyeshadow with the blunt end of her brush to create a loose pigment and press it into the skin with exceptional prowess. It was so incredible to watch her work.

After the demo, Alex mingled with us and we were invited to shop the counter with the Illamasqua team. 


I'm so happy that I was able to take part in this event and hope that my path will someday cross with hers again.

No comments:

Post a Comment